Sunday 30 November 2008

Feelin' flat


After saying those fateful words at work on Wednesday that I hadn't had a cold for ages despite coming into contact with loads of people that had, that evening I started to develop a 'funny throat' and the next day it was horrible and scratchy and became a fully fledged cold on Friday. Despite this, and the weather, I decided to go up to Winchester on the train yesterday, Saturday, to have a look at the Christmas Market http://www.winchesterchristmasmarket.co.uk/ in the cathedral grounds. As soon as I got off the train I could tell it was going to be mega busy and the precinct was absolutely heaving with people. I had a very quick look round all the stalls but didn't have the same enthusiasm that I normally have when I go there. I think it was partly to do with my cold and also the weather, it was very grey and dreary and my heart just wasn't really in it, although there was some really lovely stuff there. I left feeling a bit flat, I love Winchester and it's just a short trip on the train from us, and usually get a real buzz from going there particularly when the Hat Fair is on and at Christmas, as there is a real Christmassy feel to the place. I'll try and go up again before Christmas when I'm feeling better to try and capture a more seasonal spirit!!

2 comments:

Poppy said...

I love the scarf you made!

We are going too Winchester Christmas-market tonight,I hope it's not as busy as last time!

I hope you have a lovely weekend
love Lou xxx

Nessie's Nonsense said...

Thanks for your nice comment about the scarf Lou. I'm going to try a couple more this week.

Hope you enjoyed market last night, bet it all looked really really pretty! We went to Romsey for late night shopping which got me feeling more Christmassy.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend - hope the sun keeps shining!!

Love Vanessa xx