Saturday 6 December 2008

Losing those negative blues!

My cold developed over last weekend and I was very wheezy Monday morning and ended up having a couple of days off work. Watched a lot of daytime tele and dozed a lot on the settee but the last couple of days I have started to feel a lot better. Ian and I are supposed to be running a five mile race tomorrow at Portsmouth. It's the farthest I have run and even though I could have entered on the day I said I wanted to enter before to make sure I trained up for it, but because of my cold have done nothing since last Wednesday when I went for a run on the treadmill at work. I will see how I feel tomorrow, but hopefully I will be able to get round with a combination of running slowly - (which is all I do anyway) and walking. The course is supposed to be 'flat and fast' so at least it might not be too bad as all our training around here is pretty hilly and up and down.

Last night was late night shopping in Romsey and Santa arrived too!! I was really keen to go as it's a really nice place to go anyway and is particularly nice at Christmas with all the lights on and the tree up in the town centre. Had a glass of mulled wine (purely medicinal), a hot chocolate with whipped cream, and a pot of tea, interspersed with looking round some great shops and even though Ian and Niall had been a bit less than enthusiastic about going, we all agreed that it had been a really good evening.

Went back to Winchester today to dispel my negative feelings from last Saturday. I felt a lot better as nearly over my cold and weather fantastic. Could hardly move as the market was so busy, but enjoyed it a lot more and hopefully they are doing great business! Didn't do very well on the pressie front again, wondering around rather aimlessly with not much idea of what anyone wants, but it did give me an excuse to look at some nice bits and pieces. I'm getting a bit worried that I feel so laid back about getting everything done, but then I do thrive on a bit of panic, so hopefully it'll be all done in time!!

2 comments:

Poppy said...

Hi, We went to Winchester on sat,we might have passed each other.

I hope the race went ok?

Take care xxx

Nessie's Nonsense said...

Hi

The race went really well thanks. Better than expected!

How weird we may have passed each other! Hope you all had a good time!

Bye for now xx