Thursday 18 December 2008

Ho! Ho! Ho! No! No! No!

Hi, just thought I say a quick hello. Seem to be really busy at the moment (isn't everyone!) and haven't had much time to do anything crafty, apart from on Tuesday when I dusted off the sewing machine to make a card for my old Textiles teacher, as I was popping in to catch up with the girls that had gone on to do the Level 2 course this year (had intended to do one for everybody there but ran out of time so had to do ordinary ones for everyone else). It was lovely to see Anita, Carol, Annie, Jill and Shelley and have a look at their sketchbooks and see what they were doing this year. It was lovely to catch up with them and have a good natter, but I felt quite sad when I came out that I wasn't doing it again this year, they are all so lovely and nice to spend time with.

Having a meal tonight with the 'Film Club' (the girls from work and Lyndsey and Eleanor that have gone on to work elsewhere). We started the Film Club to make sure we kept in touch when they left - but although we started off seeing a film every couple of months, sometimes we just been for a chat in the pub or a get together at somebody's house. It'll be really great to see them both and have a natter and a gossip!

After feeling really quite laid back about Christmas this year, it suddenly hit me last night that I don't actually have much time to get everything made, bought, finished off, wrapped and delivered (especially as I thought Christmas Day was next Friday and not next Thursday) and got into a bit of a strop with poor old Ian, who has done something to his leg and was limping around badly last night. We went for a run on Sunday in the dark and he misjudged a dropped kerb and come down akwardly on his foot and thinks he may have done it then. I'm feeling a bit happier today, having posted (almost) the last of the cards - pheww! although I do still have a couple I want to make, and feel a bit guilty about being such an old grouch last night. Anyway, lunchtime is over, better get back to some work!!

3 comments:

Poppy said...

Hi,I hope Ian’s leg is a bit better!
Have a lovely weekend love Lou xxx

Poppy said...

Have a lovely Christmas!

love Lou xxx

Poppy said...

Best start your diet on a Monday; I do and finish it by Tuesday! :o)

I hope to do some more felting and craft in the New Year!
A happy new year to you and your family too!

Love Lou xxx