Thursday 11 December 2008

Ya Hey! Have done something!!






Well on Tuesday I was determined I wasn't going to waste the evening, so had an attempt at another scarf. Tried to lay the wool out much thinner and added some very strands from a dyed silk mawata square to embellish it. Was quite pleased with the end result, but it still wasn't as fine as I wanted it....

Last night decided I really must get down to writing some cards and had to drop Niall off and pick him up from Kickboxing so the evening was a bit disjointed, but did get quite a few cards written (yippee! one of my pet hates!!).

Tonight I was fired up with enthusiasm again, and despite having an extremely fruitless trip to the local shops (we are lucky to have quite a good shopping centre 15 minutes walk away) that usually has late night shopping on a Thursday on the lead up to Christmas - but didn't tonight, and resulted in me having an unhealthy tea in McDonald's which means I will probably put back on the 2 pound I lost at Slimming World on Monday (yes I know, I only have myself to blame!), had another go using a slightly different technique at another scarf. It has turned out very fine (possibly too fine in places), but I feel I am getting somewhere and am having fun trying - Sonja, you will have a handmade scarf for Christmas!!

5 comments:

SewIknit2 said...

Your scarf looks terrific! are you doing it all in one piece? I doubt my shoulder would stand up to the rigours of felting but its making me itch just thinking about all the yumminess of the mini felting we did last year in Creative Textiles - I wish I'd done more THEN! when I COULD! sigh ..
Sue

Poppy said...

The scarf looks fab!
I have had the same trouble as you, it’s not fine enough, or it’s too fine with holes.
My plan is to do lot’s more felting after Christmas.

Do you wash and card your own fleece?

Have a lovely weekend Lou xxx

Shabby Chick said...

Thanks Vanessa, it's so annoying isn't it!

Your scarves are good, looks like a lot of hard work but worth the results :)

Hope you have a good weekend too x

Poppy said...

We had a go dyeing scrim in the microwave; I was quite pleased how it came out!
I have got an old microwave in the garage so it doesn’t matter about the mess.
Hopefully I will have a better go at it after Christmas.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend xxx

Ragged Roses said...

The scarf looks really lovely, enjoy the run up to Christmas
kim x