Monday 16 February 2009

The finished article...

Well I finished Niall's hot water bottle cover, with a bit of adapting.

Although the picture in the book looked like it was on a full sized bottle, when I came to the end of the instructions ... it was tiny and a perfect fit for his old 'baby' bottle. Admittedly I hadn't tried out the tension instructions before I started (do I ever?), but did check them when I realised how small it was and they were almost perfect, so it wasn't that - so I kept on going to make it longer then added a couple of extra rows around the edges to widen it a bit, and was quite pleased with the end result, and I had really enjoyed making it.

My Grandma (my Dad's mum) taught me how to crochet, she was brilliant at knitting and made us loads of things when we were growing up, so I feel she would be looking down now, pleased that I had picked up a crochet hook again! My other Grandma was excellent at sewing and I used to make loads of clothes and always went to her if I was stuck on something because she could always work out how to put right my mistakes - usually made because I was too impatient - I haven't changed, one of the reasons why I like crochet is because it grows quickly!!

Niall was chuffed and asked if I could make him a bottle straight away so he could try it out, so that's the main thing! They way it's going to be milder this week!! Typical!

1 comment:

Poppy said...

You sound like me I always want things made quickly!
Well-done the hot water bottle looks fab!
Love Lou xxx