Tuesday 3 February 2009

Half a Snow Day!

Woke up to the biggest flakes of snow I have ever seen this morning. I was surprised how much more snow had laid overnight. As Ian had contacted his boss last night to see if the college would be open today and had been told that it would be open for any staff that wanted to come in, I felt I should make the effort as the college is only at the end of the road. I made my way through fairly blizzardous conditions (I'm not exaggerating, honestly) expecting the college gates to be shut firm, but although there was a sign out saying 'College Closed' in no uncertain terms, as the gates were open I thought I had better go and see if anyone was in.
I spoke to Ian's boss, the head of Premises whose house is next door to the college, so definitely no excuse for him getting in, who said the Principal and one of the Vice Principals were going to try and get in a bit later, so for two hours I sat in my side of the building on my own doing a very mundane job that didn't need too much thought - but I did bring the camera in and as I was only one of about half a dozen people that had come in, felt justified in taking a few pictures of the college quad which only took a couple of minutes anyway. The quad is a really pretty space at any season and the pictures don't really do it justice.


I hadn't brought any lunch with me as I really thought the college wouldn't have been open, so spoke to the Principal's PA who had made it in later in the morning and said I had finished the job that I was doing and was it okay if I didn't come back in again after I went home for lunch and she said that was fine and they wouldn't expect me back this afternoon.

I admit, I didn't do a lot this afternoon apart from catching up with a couple of ER's and Grey's Anatomy's that I hadn't got around to seeing yet - but I did go on my trampette and jogged and jumped for half an hour before tea - it is definitely getting easier than it was and I horrified Niall by saying that I would be so toned by the summer that I would be getting into a pair of very small hot pants!! For some reason, he was not amused!!!

1 comment:

Poppy said...

I hope you are going to put a picture of you on the your blog in your hot pants, I promise not too laugh ;0)
I was acting like a child in the snow aswell, I love all your pictures!

What college is it you work at?

Love Lou xxx