Tuesday 10 February 2009

Pleasant Sunday


On Sunday Morning, Janet and I ran the David Lloyd 5K race. We did it with Christina last year, but she didn’t feel fit enough to run it this time, although Janet and I took off a couple of minutes from last year’s times and we felt Christina is probably fitter than she realises, although I did feel that my lungs were going to burst out of my chest on the hill up to the finish!!

Niall had arranged to meet his friends in the afternoon, so after going home and getting changed Ian and I went to Hilliers Arboretum http://www.hillier.co.uk/as there was a Photographic Exhibition on that we wanted to see and we had also decided to get a year's joint membership as Mum and Dad have given us money for our anniversary which is next week. You can use it to get into Kew Gardens too and as we have always wanted to go there but never been yet, have decided to go there next Friday in half-term (weather permitting of course).

We had a nice lunch there – I can recommend the smoked haddock and prawn fishcakes – delicious – we looked round the exhibition, there were some really fantastic ones there, and it was quite interesting to see what we thought had been ‘Photoshopped’ or not, although some did actually say that they had been. When we finally went out for a look around the gardens it was just starting to rain, but we carried on anyway and I’ve included a few pictures that we took, although obviously it was not at it’s best in the rain.





It was a good day, apart from the rain... must get some housework done soon .....

No comments: