Saturday 19 July 2008

Nearly there!

Well I've nearly made up my extra hours that I have to do for being 'term-time only'. I have three left to do on Monday and this is because Ian and I attended Southampton University on Wednesday as Niall was in one of three teams from his school that had been taking part in a 10 week Science and Engineering project through the university and it was the final assessment day and celebration. It was lovely to see him and his friends asking questions about their project and a really good opportunity for them to have taken part in this prestigious opportunity with teams from other local schools. His team didn't win one of the final four awards but one of his school's teams got the best teamwork award. I think they all enjoyed taking part and I am sure they learnt a lot along the way.

I have taken out four books from the college where I work's (correct English?) library. We are really lucky to be able to take advantage of such a useful resource. They have a brilliant Textile section, much better than our large local library, and I suppose this is because they have to keep up with all the trends and order new books regularly. I have taken out Feltwork by Victoria Brown, Felt to Stitch by Sheila Smith, Creative Recycling in Embroidery by Val Homes and Three-dimensional embroidery by Janet Edmonds, I am able to keep them until the term re-starts and there are plenty of things in each one to whet my appetite and give me plenty of ideas of things to do in the holidays!!

No comments: