Tuesday 15 July 2008

We're going back to Cornwall - yippee!



Well we've gone and booked up a holiday for October half-term. We haven't got anything planned for the summer holidays as money is a bit tight and it's Ian's busy time at work, being a Premises Asst (aka caretaker/maintenance man) at the college where I also work - lots for him to paint, mend etc, but we were talking at the weekend and he said he had been looking on the Harlyn Bay website, http://www.harlynsands.co.uk/camping.htm where we stayed last summer in Cornwall, and they had an economy caravan at a really good price so did we fancy going then instead - Niall and I jumped at it and when I rang to book the girl there said they had a special offer and we will get 8 days for the price of 7 - bargain! It's a beautiful place, with a gorgeous bay just a few minutes walk from the campsite. We can take the kites as the water goes out for miles, and there is loads to see and do in the area. It's really bucked me up as I felt the year was drifting by and even though I finish work for the summer holidays at the end of the week, at the age Niall is now I probably won't see a lot of him during the day as he is out and about with his friends and gone are the days when the two of us used to take ourselves off on the train to the beach and different places and I sometimes feel at a bit of a loss - of course this is when I should be making good use of all the time to get creating while I have the chance but I find I waste so much time watching daytime tele and having yet another cup of coffee. One of the reasons for starting this blog was to try and keep up the momentum when my course finished to create some things which I could then discuss and put photos on of what I had made - lets see if it works!! I am so good at thinking of things I want to do but not so good about actually doing them - I'm the world's best procrastinator!

No comments: